The Electoral Commission of Namibia (ECN) will be conducting supplementary registration of voters in all the constituencies of the country from 17 to 30 September 2009. This is to ensure that all eligible persons are registered and in possession of voter cards in order to partake in the upcoming Presidential and National Assembly elections in November 2009. Registration points will be open as from 08h00 to 19h00 over the said period. These registration periods have been advertised in a newspaper insert published by the ECN.
Who should register this time around?
Persons who are Namibian citizens;
• Who turned 18 years of age after the last registration of voters,
• Who moved from one constituency to another where she/he resides now.
• Whose voter registration cards have been lost, damaged or destroyed and those who adopted new names e.g. through marriage.
NB: To register you need proof of Identity, Age, and Namibian Citizenship by producing the following documents:
• New Namibian ID – (Identity, Age and Namibian Citizenship)
• Green Valid Namibian Passport ( Identity, Age and Namibian Citizenship)
• Namibian Birth Certificate (Age and Namibian Citizenship)
The following combinations:
• Citizenship Certificate and Old Namibian ID (if you were born outside Namibia)
• Namibian Birth Certificate and Namibian Driver’s Licence
• Namibian Birth Certificate and two deponents
• No documents and two deponents who are registered as voters